Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A Pre-TGIF build tour with OklahomaTraveler

Well, once again I show up in world on Monday, and immediately start trolling around the LZ for blog material.  But, this time I was attempting to get items for my Saturday build announcements when Bach Zhaa suggests doing a tour with OklahomaTraveler of his amusement park build before this week's TGIF at his club there. 

At first, I was taken little aback when I made my initial inquiry by his quizzical type of reply, but then soon afterhe actually did graciously accept my request.  And, the following is the chat log of this brief impromptu build tour:

Zephyr Fox:    Say OT would you like people to stop by and checkout your amusement build before TGIF?
OklahomaTraveler:    OT would you like people to stop by and checkout your amusement build before TGIF.
OklahomaTraveler:    I said it, now what?
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    LOL Yeah, that'd be fine.. I couldn't resist.. LOL
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    No worries.. I like to mess with everyone. :D
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) Would you be up for a tour?  Or I could just try to come up with a little something on my own before friday, but it wont be as good as you chatting it up.
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Sure.. what do you want to know?
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) I've started to blog the TGIFs is there any thing about the amusement park you would like people to know about before fridays event.
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    LOL Think you should just take a look.. some of the most unique physics builds in AW.
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) OK I'll Take a look see and have additional info then add it in summary like I did on this past weeks TGIF.  http://zephyr-fox.blogspot.com/2015/08/tgif-8282015.html
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) Thanks
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    I'll be over here a bit.. if you have any
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) Just thow out an invite when you're ready.
Zephyr Fox:    hello


Zephyr Fox:    I have to go slow due to the note and snapshots I take.



(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Basically, I got tired of people saying there were no games in AW that wern't controlled by a bot.. so I created a large area that's just about games.  Most are physics based, some are two player, but all are pretty much unique to AW.
Zephyr Fox:    Ok so you show and I'll follow.
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) Ok so you show and I'll follow.
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    There's between 30 and 40 games here, so it would take all night.. LOL  But I'll show you a few.
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) I try to limit to 45 min for these tours



(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    LOL No worries..
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    The first game here is the volcano game.  It's a novel approach to 3D.. kind of a side shooter and a doom type game.



(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    It's inside the building here.
OklahomaTraveler:    Is that the new code name for it now?
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) ok I'm iside but lost you
OklahomaTraveler:    I see ya..



(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Clixk sign to start game..
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Game 1 is the easiest.. I'd do that one first to get a feel for things.
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Use the signs to move the rocket.. and try not to hit any walls. LOL
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) OK I'll try it a little latter for snap shots, unless there is more to know here please lead on.  Thanks
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    ko..



(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    These games are pretty easy.. sports related.  Like baseball, hit pitch then time it right to hit the ball.
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Each game is a little different as far as these go.. tennis, you click the ball and try to keep going as long as you can.. basketball, try to make it in the basket.




(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Whac a Mole is kind of unique as it uses a randomizer to show the moles..




(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    The randomizer is in back here..



Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) very nice OT
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    It's kind of a unique concept.. can be used for a lot of things, from shuffling cards to picking random teleport locations. :)
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Some two player games.. battleship - a lot of people have asked for that one.  It's a long game to play, but kinda cool..
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Connect 4.. I could play this one for hours. LOL



(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    You click on one of the colored dots and it drops it in to place, just like the real game.
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Most of these over here are still under construction, but you get the idea..



Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) very nice



(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Back to the other side..
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Physics based angry birds. :D



(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    With more cell space, it could be just like the real game.(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    These through here are Atarii games.. some real easy, others hard.




(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Frogger.. :D LOL
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) Yup I was big on Atari in the 80s
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    For the billiards game, you have to fly up.. It's probably the most advanced billiards game in AW yet.



(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    I loved Atari!
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    This big ring of controls can be moved.. it's complicated to play, but it is what it is. LOL  With a few more commands and more cell space it could be made better.



Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) I workd just down the street from their Head Quarters in sunnyvale in 1985
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Really!! That is awesome!! Funny thing, I still have my old Atarii hooked up. :D
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    You'll like this one back here then.. :D
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    click this red sign..



Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) PacMan Super Kool
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    You hit the red sign?
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    I had a ghost in there, but people said it was too hard to play like that.. so took him out.
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) very nice stuff here.  I'll add a teleport into the ZeMaze to this
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    ko.. one last thing.  I know there's a lot here - I wanted to make as many games as possible.
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    The party area.. :D



(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Media has to be enabled though..
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Almost everything here is a single youtube video..  Hopefully you can see it.



Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) very nice I'll have more shots in the TGIF blog when I make it there friday as it happens as well
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Click this sign here..



(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Very cool.. :)  Hopefully it's something unique and people will enjoy it..
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) Oh Nice a Ferris Wheel



(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Yeah, you get a lot of people in and it looks cool. :D  Change your view to get off..
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) MY chat window froze on that and I had to restart the browser app
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    That wouldn't surprise me.. it did that a couple times on my old PC.  It's cool so I don't want to remove it, but rider beware.. LOL
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) I could not get f12 to exit me on the farris and the browser suddenly froze up to a blank chat window.
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Oh, have to change your view.. F12 is for movers.
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) I'll check my chat log but I may have lost the blue whispering.  Hope not.
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) I'm still ok with my log
(whisper from) OklahomaTraveler:    Good deal.. so what do you think?
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) I remember when yellow first opened
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) Thanks very much for showing me this...I'll send a gram when it gets posted.....going to my build  now
OklahomaTraveler:    That was a long, long time ago.. I vaguely remember it.
OklahomaTraveler:    Also remember when Atlantis was the hot world.. LOL
OklahomaTraveler:    And thanks. :D  Have a good one!  I should get back to work myself.
Zephyr Fox:    (to OklahomaTraveler) Thanks again.....in 4321......PooooooF...........

OK, so that is the brief before TGIF build tour of OTs amusement park, and you're welcome to stop by any time to check his games out.   Especially, if you're sitting at the Alpha World LZ and you've start feeling that you're facing one of those sort of boredom moments where you're thinking. "I'd much rather be doing something else, than looking at this darn mind numbing blank chat window."  It is a great place to spend a little time and have some fun reminiscing on old video games of the past.  I know that I'm sure to see everyone at TGIF, where you can walk up and tell OklahomaTraveler personally yourself how very KOOL his amusement park is.

Click on the jump link below, if you wish to check out his build yourself.

EOP

No comments:

Post a Comment