Saturday, June 27, 2015

Creating the Noiprocs character or the antagonist of ZeMaze

I had started off thinking this would be a simple task.  I setup a sign within the maze to briefly describe the creature and give it a hideous sound.  It was this sound that I found most difficult.
I at first look through the various build yards, but could not find what I was looking for so I went about finding what I wanted online.  I did find a site that claimed to have free sound effects, however it required a paid subscription to use.  I was able to capture the sound and then attempted to put it up on a cloud site to be linked to by the “noise” command. this proved to be the most difficult.
Neither Google nor Microsoft cloud sharing links.  In fact after signing up for a few, none of them seem to work.  I then remembered using a Tripod account in the past to do this.  But, I found that I could no longer ftp to the tripod account, so I went searching until I located a free ftp hosting site that would allow me to ftp this .wav file to it and could be accessed the way the “noise” command required.

This is the file that I made and placed it into the corridor sign: http://zefoxville.atwebpages.com/sounds/rec0627-022113.wav

After this, I created an object in a maze lair (dead end) for the Halloween object
“krm-skullchair2.rwx” and began to work on a timer that would animate the colors of red, white, and black to make it with a midi and the fx sound file an even scarier monster in the dark.
 
Here is a photo of the “Noiprocs” in red skin:




Tonight I’ll work on the test phase of the animation and develop the attack sequence.

Shortly after 1pm Nevada time, I looked at the chat window and saw that Bach Zaa was involved in an activity directing a large group of avitars to stand still on spots within AW.  I then hurried over to the AW LZ to find that they were setting up for the photo shoot.  I took a photo then went over to see if I could get in on this event as well:


********************************************************
* ActiveWorlds chat session: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:59 PM *
********************************************************

» Immigration Officer: Welcome to ActiveWorlds!
Live long and prosper.

Quick Links:
    Forums: forums.activeworlds.com
    Wiki: wiki.activeworlds.com
    Support: activeworlds.com/ssl/forms
    Community Sites: activeworlds.com
    Events: forums.activeworlds.com/list.php?6
    FAQ: forums.activeworlds.com/list.php?337

» Immigration Officer: Welcome to Alphaworld, the most AWESOMEST virtual world on the Interweb.
Bach Zhaa: hey Zephyr
Tart Sugar: Ima be AFK so I hope my av is straight
Good Person: (((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Cath))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) yup
Bach Zhaa: down in front
Lady Dragon: hi cathrine
sweets: too late?
Highwayman: zeph!
Lensman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO2mYAaOzwo
T q r u l e s: Zephy!
Dodgy: no sweets
Zephyr Fox: Hey
Storm Raven: hi sweets
Cathrine.: its been a long time since ive been on here
Iao Moonshadow: rutroh sweets is in the house ;-)
Lady Dragon: SWEETS!  hugs
Highwayman: yeah it has
AlbertaGold: nope...glad your here.....wouln't be a complete pic... :)
Cathrine.: TQ you got a battery for my mouse?
sweets: ok lol good...went to store but bar down street is having horseshoe throwing competition so got carried away there
sweets: hiiiiiii
T q r u l e s: plenty
Bach Zhaa: see where Im pointing Zephyr
sweets: I am hyped now lol
T q r u l e s: triple a or double
KittenWithClaws: hey sweets
Cathrine.: double
Cathrine.: and just one
SirGreendown: hi sweets
Dodgy: so,,, did Tq and Catherine see the vulcan bomber today?
T q r u l e s: thats in the wooden drawer thing
sweets: horseshoes and rock n roll....nd beer flowing...yeahhhhh what a night
Bach Zhaa: stand there
T q r u l e s: in the kitchen
Cablecar Gal: hey cathrine   hugs    it has been a long time
Cablecar Gal: I am glad your here
Cathrine.: CCG!!!!! hi
T q r u l e s: I'll go down and get it
Cathrine.: its nice to be back
T q r u l e s: brb
sweets: and I just at the most amazing potato salad LMAO
AlbertaGold: lol...we're heating up here....using a friends's wi-fi....
KittenWithClaws: hb tq
sweets: so can we do this so I can return to the party?
Bach Zhaa: Cathrine and Tq   Im gonna move you guys
Iao Moonshadow: sounds like a good parrrtee
Kenneth: Tabitha, stay in the picture until Bach says it's done
sweets: yeah it was is lol
Good Person: hands Merry a donut and hands Moon a spam cookie lol
Cathrine.: move us?
Bach Zhaa: yes
Merry.: thankyou GP
Good Person: yw
LizLiz: how you doing Cat?
Catwoman: oh just awake
LizLiz: ahhh I figutred so
Bach Zhaa: Im good   were you here for the community picture earlier today?   would you still like to be in it?
LizLiz: I'm just getting ready for sleep LOL
Bach Zhaa: got a minute?
Bach Zhaa: :)
LizLiz: can I still be in  it?
Bach Zhaa: hey Vera  :)
LizLiz: hey Vera hon! XXX
Vera: yhry
Vera: ops
Bach Zhaa: stay
LizLiz: staying LOL
Bach Zhaa: take one step toward me..  a baby step
Bach Zhaa: kk
LizLiz: good enough?
LizLiz: kewl
zombiefan: hi everybody
Bach Zhaa: one more time   a baby step toward me
zombiefan: hi catwoman
Bach Zhaa: stop
Bach Zhaa: perfect
Bach Zhaa: :D
LizLiz: is that good?
Bach Zhaa: smile
LizLiz: I am
zombiefan: hi liz
Vera: that piramide over there is sooo my staly:)))
LizLiz: Hi Zombiefan I'm getting picture taken
Bach Zhaa: Ill get you next zombie  :)
zombiefan: cool
zombiefan: hi bach  :D
Vera: style
Bach Zhaa: ok  thanks Liz
Bach Zhaa: kk  zombie and vera  :)
SirGreendown: this is so great that Bach is gonna add LizLiz and James to the picture
Vera: hey  green i will get this leg for a stew
zombiefan: :D
LizLiz: Bach I'm glad youare smart
Vera: Dusk ?
Vera: nice garden'i was here
Bach Zhaa: hey vera  you want in the picture Vera?
Vera: where?
Bach Zhaa: right here
Bach Zhaa: in that corner
Bach Zhaa: its important
Vera: ok
Vera: not moving
SirGreendown: notice how last year's photo has the Old Generation of AWTeen that moved on to VP and this years has a couple of the new generation
Bach Zhaa: perfect
Bach Zhaa: stay right there
Vera: yes SIR;)
Bach Zhaa: thats Rick over next to you btw  lol
zombiefan: did you take my pic yet?
Bach Zhaa: hehe
Bach Zhaa: zombie
Vera: Dusk ltns
SirGreendown: hi Duskbat
LizLiz: hey DuskieXXX
SirGreendown: and happy birthday to you
Vera: gives Dusk a cixinha
Bach Zhaa: right here
SirGreendown: since it's the 28th here already
zombiefan: thanks
Bach Zhaa: take a baby step toward me
Bach Zhaa: perfect
Bach Zhaa: one more step toward me
Bach Zhaa: hey Dusk
Bach Zhaa: kk  right there
zombiefan: did you get it?
Bach Zhaa: one step toward me
Bach Zhaa: perfect  stay
Bach Zhaa: please
Bach Zhaa: ;D
LizLiz: glad I had time to do this Bach . my hubby been demanding time for house stuff today LOL
Bach Zhaa: more back
Vera: hugs to 3rd and shannon
Bach Zhaa: now a baby step toward me
Bach Zhaa: perfect
LizLiz: ty
Bach Zhaa: zombie  you moved
LizLiz: for AW gallery
Bach Zhaa: stay
Bach Zhaa: lol
zombiefan: ok
Bach Zhaa: hey shannon
Bach Zhaa: you wanna be a birde?
LizLiz: Zombie gots ants in her pants LOL
Shannon...: hey Bach
zombiefan: lol liz  :D
zombiefan: hi shannon :)
LizLiz: takes a lot of concentration kids we gotta listen to how Bach wants us
Bach Zhaa: everyone stay still while i get shannon situated
Vera: Shannonnnnn hugs:)
LizLiz: k
Bach Zhaa: and Liz,  Im done taking your picture if you need to go
LizLiz: thankyou hon
LizLiz: XXXX
Bach Zhaa: :)
LizLiz: you so  special
SirGreendown: hi Shannon
LizLiz: someone feed Duskbat
SirGreendown: I did it again
LizLiz: no hon not yet
Bach Zhaa: take a baby step toward me
Bach Zhaa: perfect
Bach Zhaa: stay right there
Vera: i am diabetic... can't feed him....lol
Bach Zhaa: Cat  were you here before?
LizLiz: aww bless your heart
LizLiz: we have more than we need I'll feed him
Bach Zhaa: oh yes..  your in the pic
LizLiz: probably working
Vera: Shannon huged you  alll the wayyyyy thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee     lol
SirGreendown: http://imgur.com/24huSoJ,2HEoLRD,84KYaWw,itP5Ocg#0 Ozy's Airship at the Old Landing Zone, cuz noone will care anymore so why not
Bach Zhaa: smile everyone  :)
Vera: cheesseeeee
Bach Zhaa: kk  :D  Thank you   :D
Bach Zhaa: woot
Vera: ty;)
Bach Zhaa: all done
LizLiz: awesome . Thankyou for your work Bach
Bach Zhaa: Im putting it together now and filling in holes   lol
LizLiz: cool
SirGreendown: http://imgur.com/24huSoJ,2HEoLRD,84KYaWw,itP5Ocg#0 isn't this funny or what
LizLiz: hb Catwoman
Vera: still remembers when all used to get together for this picture day:(((
SirGreendown: nite Duskbat
Bach Zhaa: your next to GP liz   and vera is up by CCG and NM
Bach Zhaa: lol
LizLiz: cool
SirGreendown: where is James at Bach?
Bach Zhaa: on the wall to the right or stage left
LizLiz: first time someone took time to make us a good picture Baach
SirGreendown: like right here?
Bach Zhaa: down a ways  but yes
SirGreendown: kind of near me sort of
SirGreendown: good, so he's close to me
LizLiz: dang it's been that long ago I came to AW?
SirGreendown: http://i.imgur.com/84KYaWw.jpg Bach, do you think this is funny
LizLiz: Celine is who brought me in here I don't know whwere she is now?
Vera: Celene you mean?
Bach Zhaa: im gonna work a while..   telegram me if someone needs adding before tomorrow  :)


EOP

No comments:

Post a Comment