Friday, July 17, 2015

A build tour with Kuma Bear

I’m finding a rhythm and a sort of tidal ebb or subtidal flow feel to the LZ crowd at certain hours in regards to its chattiness and size.  For example, tonight I was in about 5am VRT, and it was just plain eerie in the landing zone.  It seems that the best time for me to be at the LZ about 8pm VRT as there are quite a few AW citz. in chat mode.  

Today I saw that Alphaworldian had cloned himself and left the bots at the LZ. I wish I knew how this was done, but no one will just volunteered this type of info and I thought that I might, as Ten puts it often, be Derpped upon.  I noted that SirGreenbottom even registered a Derp citizenship and offered to give it up through a build contest today when he was Derpped on too much.  It got so ridiculous, I asked about a Derp Vaccination to prevent the illness.

Anyway, I was at the LZ again today and began to troll a little for another blog interview, when fortunately I found that Kuma Bear was willing to show me around her build.

Zephyr Fox:    Hello
Kuma Bear:    wecome to Bleakwood
Zephyr Fox:    I see a lot of bot.
Kuma Bear:    bot?
Kuma Bear:    not bot here
Kuma Bear:    i did all this myself
Zephyr Fox:    How long were you working on it?



Kuma Bear:    hmmm about 4 years
Kuma Bear:    it goes on and on and on
Kuma Bear:    see this construction site?



Kuma Bear:    booom
Kuma Bear:    opps
Zephyr Fox:    Wow,   I see demolition.
Zephyr Fox:    nice swinging gate
Kuma Bear:    i love physics
Kuma Bear:    talk a walk in here
Kuma Bear:    this is the detail of Bleakwood
Kuma Bear:    almost every building is to this level
Zephyr Fox:    this reminds me of the customer service section at Sun Microsystem.


Kuma Bear:    LOL  then i dod good
Zephyr Fox:    I got a very ambitious city in the works call ZeFoxVille.
Kuma Bear:    this started very very small but  well i ran away with it
Kuma Bear:    there are many busness   stores   homes   power stations   the works
Kuma Bear:    come back to the south



Kuma Bear:    you might like this odd office building
Kuma Bear:    or the TV studios
Zephyr Fox:    wow I got hit.
Kuma Bear:    hehehe



Kuma Bear:    take a walk around here
Zephyr Fox:    very nice loby
Kuma Bear:    you might land
Kuma Bear:    the celing is a bit over the top
Zephyr Fox:    Have you seen the Live streaming that bach has managed to do.
Kuma Bear:    mad to look out doors
Kuma Bear:    have heard of it
Zephyr Fox:    Live televised from the LZ
Kuma Bear:    please  walk inside every thing is scaled that way
Kuma Bear:    please
Kuma Bear:    thanks
Kuma Bear:    the cantien is nice
no autographs please
Zephyr Fox:    So are you involved in television in the real world?
Kuma Bear:    na  just like building
Kuma Bear:    i do some video work but all in the field
Zephyr Fox:    Kool



Kuma Bear:    lets look in Studio B
Zephyr Fox:    What happen when you pull a fire alarm?
Kuma Bear:    i for get


Kuma Bear:    i never did hook up the sprinklers
Zephyr Fox:    Very Kool build here.  And all by your self?
Kuma Bear:    of corse this is Alpha so i can only gt so much in but i hope it looks a bit more detailed then most
Kuma Bear:    yes i did all of this  smiels
Kuma Bear:    :-)



Zephyr Fox:    wow I lost you.
Kuma Bear:    here tye this spot   16111N 26992W
Zephyr Fox:    I can see why you don't chat often.
Kuma Bear:    well am sort of busy building some times
Zephyr Fox:    Very nice stuff here.
Zephyr Fox:    I was there in 1995 and it wasn't worth it to spend much time chatting at the GZ
Kuma Bear:    ER side of the hospital
Zephyr Fox:    O a hospital too.
Kuma Bear:    some poor avatar lost a foot


Zephyr Fox:    Kook I was wonder if I could have one loose a head for my maze monster stuff
Zephyr Fox:    ^Kool
Kuma Bear:    have done headless avs
Zephyr Fox:    I've got a killer bunny seq based on the monty python skit
Kuma Bear:    i don't think i am boasting when i say this is one of the most deailted towns in Alpha
Kuma Bear:    love killer bunnies
Zephyr Fox:    Thinking about having the bunny attach an avitar. and pop goes the head
Kuma Bear:    in alpha tricky but can be done
Zephyr Fox:    Love the "I warned you" part of that skit.
Kuma Bear:    look through the window



Kuma Bear:    \the X-ray is a tan strong
Zephyr Fox:    I'm taking tons of snaps for the blog
Kuma Bear:    there is a spot you must see
Kuma Bear:    16111N 26992W


"

Zephyr Fox:    So where are we now?


Kuma Bear:    this is the goverment building
Kuma Bear:    come i show you a funny
Kuma Bear:    up stairs
Kuma Bear:    ok walk around the desk
Kuma Bear:    look at the computer
Kuma Bear:    and the press the key board


Kuma Bear:    hehehhehe
Zephyr Fox:    Wow very nice animation
Kuma Bear:    i love to little things like this
Zephyr Fox:    Hey I see you used the mapper?
Kuma Bear:    thats a pic on the Alpha path
Kuma Bear:    makes a great map
Kuma Bear:    a post office
Kuma Bear:    restrants
Kuma Bear:    heheh a laundry mat
Kuma Bear stops for a soda


Zephyr Fox:    Very nice work
Kuma Bear:    thanks
Kuma Bear:    is odd but i sometimes get lost in this towm
Kuma Bear:    ahh there the police staion
Zephyr Fox:    Have you every though about a teleport pad like TaLon's
Kuma Bear:    there is a telport center near the old LZ of the town
Kuma Bear:    is fun to wander around like a real town
Zephyr Fox:    Like a city directory for a click type of teleport.
Kuma Bear:    there is near the LZ
Zephyr Fox:    OK I'll look for it later
Kuma Bear:    con dos



Kuma Bear:    i think it is over here
Kuma Bear:    come a bit futher west
Kuma Bear:    see this house
Kuma Bear:    full detiled insides


Kuma Bear:    but hay i have lots of those


Zephyr Fox:    Kool
Kuma Bear:    this is the fun house



Kuma Bear:    i love to blow it up
Kuma Bear:    but it is a nice house
Zephyr Fox:    I had to check out the puppy for a sec.
Kuma Bear:    sidris made the puppy
Kuma Bear:    i coppied it then blew it up
Zephyr Fox:    I've been attempting to model a bunny.  But it's been very painful and I have a beta test dead line for maze level one
Zephyr Fox:    I'm more of a coder than a modeler.



Kuma Bear:    i love to do code for things
Kuma Bear:    this house took a fair bit
Kuma Bear:    if i could just fix this gas leak
Zephyr Fox:    did you have a favorite build yard you used?
Zephyr Fox:    Ha LOL
Kuma Bear:    i use JustinBuilding yard  and TartSugars
Zephyr Fox:    I've not been to Justin, but use tart sugars all the time.
Kuma Bear:    i have even helped Tart keep hers up to date  hers has every model in the path that we can use
Kuma Bear:    this is the LZ for Bleakwood    http://objects.activeworlds.com/cgi-bin/teleport.cgi?aw_16033.852N_26935.001w_0.4a_
Zephyr Fox:    MeL had Ron add a bunch of new textures to the Registry just recently.



Kuma Bear:    this cetner has most all builds i have done
Kuma Bear:    #61 the exploding house
Zephyr Fox:    OK, I guess I should wrap things up. Now and ask if you don't mind if I put the Coodinates for the LZ in my Blog?
Kuma Bear:    sure your welcome
Kuma Bear:    there are many more place to see here
Zephyr Fox:    I need to start editing the post so I just want to say this was a really great tour.
Kuma Bear:    thanks so  i enjoy showing it off
Kuma Bear:    is not your every day Alpha Town
Zephyr Fox:    I'll have it done in about half an hour or so and I will send you the link.  OK if I mention this in MyAW as well?
Kuma Bear:    your welcome to
Kuma Bear:    i guess i will build a little more
Zephyr Fox:    Well thank you very much, I'll Cya around the AW LZ again soon.
Kuma Bear:    ok byes
Zephyr Fox:    4321........PooooooooF........

As MeL will tell you, I made a Faux Paz here and stated that Ron had added to the registry when it was actually Rick.  And I suspect that someday I’ll actually be speaking to Rick and call him Ron, if I continue to repeat this mistake.  Anyway, follow the link below if you wish to visit Kuma’s Build.  Remember most citizen’s don’t mind if you borrow idea’s to create something fresh, it’s the out right duplicate a clone type of use that people hate.  Don't steal, use your imagination to create something fresh or you might get shunned and ridiculed when you land at the LZ to socialize.  Over all this was a really great tour, but Kuma was truly hard to keep pace with. It really is a Wow type of build and I recommend it as a must see.


7/18/2015 Post Sript:

I again had a brief chat with Kuma Bear, who informed that there was another write-up about her build which the reader may wish to check out that was published in the AWtimes in November 2014.  You may find this article at http://www.venice3d.net/2014explore22.html .


EOP

No comments:

Post a Comment