Saturday, July 11, 2015

Club Alpha and More

As has been the case for the last few weeks, when I got home from work, I fired up the old Laptop and went into AWreunion for TGIF.  However, they were not having the Party last night as they had planned to have a party the next day (Not on the LZ Calendar?….a really FUBAR Snafu faux pa for me…):  Got the message in a rather old fashion from the 1995 like Alpha GZ rumor wire.

OK, so the LZ is working out a few after go live issues, but this was something which I was not expecting.  But this is not really that uncommon, as this was the type of work that I was doing at Sun Microsystem, the determination of a course of action after a flaw was found on the build during the Beta testing and after Go Live.  It was frustrating as hell at times, but I truly loved that job.

Here is the rumor wire announcement I saw:
Zephyr Fox:    no TGIF?
SirGreendown:    no
Zephyr Fox:    darn
SirGreendown:    I can say though today was a lot less dramatic than the past few days have been
Tila Boccaccio:    thats good
Sovia:    heya zephyr  TGIF resumes next wk the 17
Zephyr Fox:    And I was looking forward to chatting with the Game Bot.
SirGreendown:    guess what Tomorrow we will have a party
SirGreendown:    and Game Bot will be here
Sovia:    The T.G.I.F party on Fridays will resume in Alpha, AWExpo Club @ 11pm vrt,. Starting July 17th, 2015
SirGreendown:    exactly what Sovia just said
Zephyr Fox:    Ok thanks
OklahomaTraveler:    stupid bot
SirGreendown:    on Disneyland's 60th Anniversary
SirGreendown:    July 17th
Sovia:    also Zephyr  tomorrow  July 11th, at 11pm vrt will be the AWExpo Celebration Party - held at the AWExpo Club in Alpha ( Rated PG), Music, Dancing, Great Friends along with Acronyms Game -
Zephyr Fox:    Ok I'll try to be there, but I may be too tired to chat much.
Zephyr Fox:    Hey how often do you get a peacekeeper to SHOUT at the LZ?
Zephyr Fox:    I saw that yesterday
SirGreendown:    MeL is Peacekeeper 32 btw
SirGreendown:    you referred to her as 2 people on your blog
Zephyr Fox:    Ok I don't remember the number but I do remember that she was there.  And glad to see someone look at the blog thanks.
Alphaworldian:    what blog
Zephyr Fox:    my web page on the contacts
SirGreendown:    it was so quiet, Grenden wasn't even on today
SirGreendown:    even Veger was offline for a short period
OklahomaTraveler:    I don't understand whac-a-mole.. isn't that cruelty to animals?
Tila Boccaccio:    lol
Raven.:    its a virus
Zephyr Fox:    Ok I really like a festive friday night and this is kinda bumming me out.
Tila Boccaccio:    aweee
Raven.:    you grt infected ad tskr it put on small animals
Raven.:    it originated in a gma rcall ed farmvile
Raven.:    Nach is a carrier
Raven.:    B
SirGreendown:    Nash Grier is a carrier of a disease
SirGreendown:    oh how am I not surprised
Raven.:    my niiddle name is pestulence
SirGreendown:    I looked at Celebrity Disses and it was mostly towards Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift
SirGreendown:    which makes perfect sense I can see why

I then got a telegram from OklahomaTraveler:
Telegram from OklahomaTraveler, sent Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:39 PM:
Come to the games area if you want.. it'll give something to do..and I can get games tested. ;)
I attempted to find the games area at the LZ map and went to AWGames thinking that this is what OT was talking about.
» Immigration Officer:    Welcome to AWGames!  Head north to the Games Portal to play a game anytime!
(whisper from) [KeeperBot]:    Hello Zephyr Fox, welcome to AWGames.
I then spent a few minutes looking around for OklahomaTraveler and tried the bowling game but it seemed to be broken:
Zephyr Fox:    OK hellow
Zephyr Fox:    bob3
Zephyr Fox:    bob3
Zephyr Fox:    bob3
Zephyr Fox:    bob3
Zephyr Fox:    bob3

After about 20 min. I went back to the LZ and was about to chime in when my phone rang.  Someone was stopping by in a few minutes to look at my unrented room.

» Immigration Officer:    Welcome to Alphaworld, the most AWESOMEST virtual world on the Interweb.
SirGreendown:    today was a massive relief, I don't remember any major drama occurring today
LizLiz:    time for sleep for me LOL
OklahomaTraveler:    I got four minutes. LOL
SirGreendown:    the only Rumors I've started
Sovia:    haha   me to liz but usually when im suppose to sleep i stay awake  haha
SirGreendown:    are directed at Celebrities
OklahomaTraveler:    I heard that Liz is sexy.. ;)
LizLiz:    I'm always backwards too
OklahomaTraveler:    LOL

This prospective tenant then sucked up about 3 hours of my time, and did have a  little conversation about the weather and sports:

SirGreendown:    I made a build of Madonna texting during a movie
LizLiz:    haha cute
SirGreendown:    and the say command with that now infamous quote
SirGreendown:    "It's for business... ENSLAVER!"
LizLiz:    I don't believe in slavery
SirGreendown:    that Madonna said when she was caught texting during a screening of 12 Years A Slave
LizLiz:    it was a good movie telling the truth but I htted it anyway
LizLiz:    hated it
SirGreendown:    oh and she got in trouble for texting during a performance of Hamilton now
SirGreendown:    so she is a repeat offender
LizLiz:    big deal I'm surprised she didn't make babies at the same time/
SirGreendown:    she was banned from Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas the first time she got in trouble for that
LizLiz:    she is so rude anyway
SirGreendown:    her Queen of Pop title says it all
LizLiz:    no need for all that so called freedome, that's why kids are getting into trouble now
SirGreendown:    she acts the part
LizLiz:    yup Sir greendown
SirGreendown:    Madonna is 56 years old
LizLiz:    like a what? yeah for sure
SirGreendown:    she isn't a kid
LizLiz:    yes but she influences young people
LizLiz:    she doesn't act her age
SirGreendown:    I see a lot of comments in her new videos saying mean stuff about her being old
LizLiz:    well she is almost as old as me and I'm ancient
SirGreendown:    she is a couple decades past her prime but if guys can still be popular singers when they are older so can she
LizLiz:    well yes for her talent but not to decieve
LizLiz:    I culd look like 25 if I wore the right make-up
SirGreendown:    people have no issues with male singers when they grow old, yet people have an issue with Madonna because of her age
SirGreendown:    that isn't right
LizLiz:    it's ok but people should know she isn't a youngster
SirGreendown:    everyone shows she is 56
LizLiz:    yup
LizLiz:    I actually lilke her as a performer
SirGreendown:    what I'm saying is people criticize her performing because of her age when people never judge older male singers, there is some sexism against women there
LizLiz:    I don't jusge her as a performer but she would look better without alltrhe make-up
Zephyr Fox:    I wander if she will ever do another movie? Like Evita?
LizLiz:    just a little bit less would make her more attractive
LizLiz:    that was good
LizLiz:    only she couldplay Evita like she did
LizLiz:    isn't she from New York?
LizLiz:    Madonna I mean?
Zephyr Fox:    I think she was from michigan
LizLiz:    the GZ is really dressed up nice now eh?
LizLiz:    could be it's been a while since I read her Bio'
Zephyr Fox:    I think the new Expo is really well done.  Very good work and much talent.
LizLiz:    YES
SirGreendown:    Sovia is in Human form
SirGreendown:    Smaug is in Dragon form

Then I got an AWK phone call and resumed the chat after that:

Zephyr Fox:    Hey SirGreendown didn't some ML baseball pitcher loose 2 fingers messing around with fireworks last week?
SirGreendown:    it wasn't baseball pitchers
Shannon...:    well, glad you have A/C to use, Charley
SirGreendown:    it was NFL football players
CharleyO:    Couldn't hardly live without it, Shannon.
Zephyr Fox:    Was any a QB?
Shannon...:    yeah me either
CharleyO:    i don't do good with too muvh heat these days.
SirGreendown:    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/nfl-players-reportedly-lose-fingers-fireworks-accidents-32322818 both were Defensive Players
SirGreendown:    Jason Pierre-Paul and CJ Wilson
Shannon...:    sometimes hot weather can make me feel sick
Zephyr Fox:    Rather harsh if you have to use your hands for your career.
CharleyO:    Right, Shannon ... I much rahter have cold weather.
Zephyr Fox:    not so bad though if your an LB
Earendil37:    i like the food tv channel
Zephyr Fox:    but still you need to be able to intercept the ball
SirGreendown:    a LB tackles and sacks are EVERYTHING
SirGreendown:    so yeah you need hands for that
Zephyr Fox:    kada lowers there draft prospects don't you think?
SirGreendown:    Justin Houston lead the NFL in sacks last year, that's who my favorite team's best Defensive Player is, OMG we need to pay him seriously
SirGreendown:    obviously I am a Kansas City Chiefs fan
SirGreendown:    our defense is better than basically all others
zombiefan:    the bill cosby thing has been a big surprise.  Never knew he had certain issues
SirGreendown:    we have a good offense, lots of elite players
SirGreendown:    Jamaal Charles, Knile Davis, that's not one, but TWO Top 10 Runningbacks
SirGreendown:    Travis Kelce, AMAZING Tight End
Shannon...:    I heard about Bill Cosby on the news, zombie
SirGreendown:    and Jeremy Maclin, really great Wide Recveiver
SirGreendown:    and Anthony Sherman is the best Fullback in the NFL
SirGreendown:    Ben Grubbs is a 2-time Pro Bowl Offensive Guardf
zombiefan:    i been hearing stuff about bill cosby too
SirGreendown:    not only him, but Jared Fogel too
Zephyr Fox:    Didn't you have a kinda shrine for KC at your build?
Earendil37:    oh  omar sharif is now dead
SirGreendown:    I'm gonna build Arrowhead Stadium
SirGreendown:    and later Kauffman Stadium
Shannon...:    bet that would take a long time to build
Zephyr Fox:    wow and are you going to put in some mover action?
SirGreendown:    I started Arrowhead last October, it was like the first thing I started in Phoenix City
SirGreendown:    it still has a long ways to go
SirGreendown:    and is stalled because the OY and Teen GZ are my #1 priority
Zephyr Fox:    I know that you put in some effort on the dance floor at the AWteen.  Nice work.
Earendil37:    sir green and because fire in western canada in usa you have a blood moon
SirGreendown:    I know James lives out in Alberta
SirGreendown:    now I'm really worried
Earendil37:    in quebec i'm ok
Earendil37:    and usa you have other problem
Earendil37:    western usa the weather is hot
Earendil37:    and for estern the weather is cold
CharleyO:    Cold in the East of USA?
Zephyr Fox:    it was not to bad here in Las Vegas today only 90F
Earendil37:    yes i read this
CharleyO:    it was 98 here in NC today .
CharleyO:    I wish it was cold ... lol
Zephyr Fox:    It got tough breathing 110F air last week.  But lucky that there was not a record set.
Earendil37:    sir green do you like alex jones?
Smaug:    jeeze only in the mid 70's here yesterday
SirGreendown:    no, crackpot conspiracy theorist, him
CharleyO:    Hi Smaug
Earendil37:    yes sir green lol
Smaug:    hi Charley
SirGreendown:    just like Glenn Beck
CharleyO:    how you been doing?
Smaug:    not bad
Smaug:    u?
CharleyO:    Hi jann970
CharleyO:    been doing good, thanks
SirGreendown:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hPMmzKs62w
SirGreendown:    that's what I'm listening to
SirGreendown:    notice Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, and Kanye West in that video

Here I fell asleep at the keyboard.  I finally woke up then went back to my build to end up falling asleep at the keyboard again.  I then went back to the LZ when I awoke in the morning and had a very good chat with SirGreendown:

Zephyr Fox:    hello everyone
SirGreendown:    hi Zephyr Fox
Zephyr Fox:    Hi SirGreendown
SirGreendown:    I was talking to myself for nearly a half hour
SirGreendown:    that's still 6 hours less than Silly Putty
Zephyr Fox:    I actually fall asleep at the key board sometimes.  Awful.
Zephyr Fox:    I'll try to be at the party tonight.
SirGreendown:    yeah definitely, I'll be there too
SirGreendown:    the Game bot is aalready there
SirGreendown:    hi Game Bot
Zephyr Fox:    Hey can I have a game bot in my maze?
SirGreendown:    11:39:06 AM VRT [Game Bot]:    Glad to see you, SirGreendown
SirGreendown:    I9 think if you pay for bot rights you probably can
SirGreendown:    but I don't use bots personally
SirGreendown:    when you leave AW the bot goes away and a build could be broken'
Zephyr Fox:    I want to do things that are currently free so I can tell others how.
SirGreendown:    that and they cost money
Zephyr Fox:    It is better if you can show newbies how they can work in Alpha for free.
SirGreendown:    yeah definitely
Zephyr Fox:    wow musical notes.
Zephyr Fox:    very Kool
SirGreendown:    the musical note textures were brought here from AWTeen, AWTeen has had them for years
SirGreendown:    AWFX originaslly had the bmg textures
SirGreendown:    AWTeen has had them for a long time
SirGreendown:    AlphaWorld just got them
Zephyr Fox:    I was just looking at the PE.  Very Nice.
SirGreendown:    they are for Particle Emitters
SirGreendown:    there are a couple hundred PE textures in the bmg sets
Zephyr Fox:    I was chatting with MeL and she said that she was able to get I think Ken to up load a bunch of textures for the first time in many years.
SirGreendown:    the new AWTeen texture yard has all the ones available in AWTeen
SirGreendown:    you mean Rick
Zephyr Fox:    Ya Rick that's right
SirGreendown:    Rick uploaded new textures for the first time in a few years yes
SirGreendown:    I also asked him to upload them to the AWTeen OP as well
SirGreendown:    we'll see if he does
Zephyr Fox:    Hey would you be will to do a beta run through of my maze level 1 at the end of the month?
SirGreendown:    yeah
Zephyr Fox:    So far it is base on the Maze Runner, but the next level will be Monte Python themed
Zephyr Fox:    then Wille Wonka
Zephyr Fox:    then Toys
SirGreendown:    I think right now, I want to work on my Grand Teleport Hall, so I'll be in AWTeen
Zephyr Fox:    then Perhaps Star trek
Zephyr Fox:    not asking for help. just a run through eval of the first level to flush out flaws
SirGreendown:    I know
Zephyr Fox:    Each level will have a different theme with different Maze monsters.
SirGreendown:    I'll see you later
Zephyr Fox:    See ya thanks for the chat
SirGreendown:    that maze sounds really cool

Here is a photo of Club Alpha at the LZ:



I will put some time into the planning website this morning as I wanted to do last night.

EOP

No comments:

Post a Comment