Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Update on ZeMaze and more.

I’ve been very busy in the real world attempting to get two bedrooms in my three bedroom home rented out.  I need the income just to pay the bills because my security job pays less per year than a burger flipping fool at Mickey D’s. I did get one room sold last night and it seem that I have the usual when it was offered problem on the other.  Whether people have the deposit money or are needing a new place has a lot to do with when pay day is here in Vegas.  If you don't get a room rented at the end of the month it is much more difficult for the two-week period before the 15th. and then is not as good as the 30th.  It is summertime in Las Vegas, and the electricity alone is running almost $300 for this month.  Up until this month I've not been charging tenants for Utilities but now I must as I can no long afford to give anyone a freebie on this.

Anyway, I  have continued to build every day to reach the end of the month deadline for the beta run through go-live event.  I’ve been concentrating most of my effort the last few days in ZeYard to refine the animation sequences of what I’m now naming ZeFoxy Bots.  Here are a few photos.  Note that I’m using the rotating cube as a text bubble for the bot’s voice:




I’ve stayed a way from the LZ chat for a couple of days as well, but I did spend a few minutes today and found an underground build today that Bach Zaa referred to as the Ruin:



Zephyr Fox:    Hey SirGreendown,  I enjoyed your little party the other night. Do you have more planned?
SirGreendown:    I think my parties are once a month
Zephyr Fox:    Thanks for the invite,  Sorry that I was too tired to chat.
SirGreendown:    although I wouldn't be that shocked if MeL ever considers holding a TGIF there
Zephyr Fox:    I think there are many that have a favorite world and mine is still alpha
Zephyr Fox:    as limited as it is I enjoy a challenge
SirGreendown:    MeL is moving the TGIF out of AWReunion, I'm thinking will probably get it first, and probably the most
SirGreendown:    Alpha
lazycoconut:    Um, hello?
OklahomaTraveler:    She was talking about having it there earlier.. :|
Zephyr Fox:    Hey if you like to know what I'm doing with the build just check out my blog.  My web site on your contact list
CharleyO:    Hi again, lazycoconut
Zephyr Fox:    helllo lazycoconut
SirGreendown:    hi lazycoconut
Zephyr Fox:    I see Bach Zaa floating around, but he must be in build mode.
Bach Zhaa:    lol
Bach Zhaa:    pondering a thought.   dangerous stuff  :o
Zephyr Fox:    Hey bach,  I think I figured out a way to be at the sunday meeting.
Bach Zhaa:    sweet
Bach Zhaa:    dont get fired  O_O
Bach Zhaa:    lol
Zephyr Fox:    I just come in and sit the avitar under the LZ to collect the chat.
Bach Zhaa:    sure..  parking is allowed  :)
Zephyr Fox:    Then read it when I get home
Bach Zhaa:    lots do it
CharleyO:    Hi Zombie girl
Zephyr Fox:    Ok enjoy
zombiefan:    hi charlie
OklahomaTraveler:    WARNING:  There's a telegram going around offering processed pork, gelatin, and salt in a can.  If you get this telegram DO NOT OPEN IT!  It's Spam!
SirGreendown:    I do that overnight sometimes
Bach Zhaa:    add timestamps to the chat and you can find it right way   also I ALWAYS say the meeting is adjourned.  easy to search for it then
CharleyO:    LOL OT
Zephyr Fox:    Ya thanks bach
SirGreendown:    just build a bed right under the LZ, maybe put it in a prefab house with no extra decoration and also put it 100m below and visible radius, basically keep it simple and avoid lag at all costs
Bach Zhaa:    O_o
CharleyO:    What's the need to build a house down there. Just park your av.
SirGreendown:    I need a bed
Bach Zhaa:    mover?
SirGreendown:    I don't want it to distract others
Zephyr Fox:    I saw the little build classroom down there earlier today
Bach Zhaa:    O_o  is someone building above or below there?
SirGreendown:    no, just floating ideas
Zephyr Fox:    I found a build classroom under ground just West of the pond
Bach Zhaa:    oh  thats the fish
Bach Zhaa:    lol
CharleyO:    How's the maze coming along, Zombie?
SirGreendown:    but it would be nice to have a bed below, I like read what the local people at the LZ have to say
zombiefan:    i've just been lurking in my world while practicing guitar and watching satellite tv charlie  :D
SirGreendown:    but I don't want any sort of lag of any kind
CharleyO:    OK
Bach Zhaa:    the fish under the bridge are run with a randomized physics.  thats what those controls are for.  given our physics doesnt behave well smaller and cell space and all,  it takes room
SirGreendown:    it has to be minimal
zombiefan:    i will work on the maze gradually
Bach Zhaa:    thats what that classroom is.
SirGreendown:    part of why I would put it 100m below and put visible radius=30
OklahomaTraveler:    Hey, my physics works well. ;) <grins>
CharleyO:    Cool, Zombie ... it's your world and you can work at your own pace.
SirGreendown:    so it doesn't affect framerate too much
Zephyr Fox:    Ya I got that about that on the fish, but this said it was a build classroom in the north west corner after the pond.
Zephyr Fox:    I will put something in my blog about it tonight.
Zephyr Fox:    oops my direction was off on that underground build here is the coords: 7661s 1434e
Zephyr Fox:    at -55 meters
Bach Zhaa:    thats the ruins?
Bach Zhaa:    -s
OklahomaTraveler:    Who has the runs?
Bach Zhaa:    yeah  the ruins  find a way down there from above  thats the game  :)
Zephyr Fox:    too bad there is not a sarcophagus and a king tut buried there.
Zephyr Fox:    Well.  I've got to get back to my build good night to anyone still listening
Zephyr Fox:    4321 poof

I was working on the build about 5am and notice that McBanny was pecking on someone who I thought was a newbie to AW.  I went to the LZ for a short while after is was quite and found it was a couple of citizens working on their own project.  Here a little of the chat:

(whisper from) The Courier: you were here for awhile, I take it.
(whisper from) The Courier: me and Alphaworldian are planning a big project, and I wanted to talk to you about it.
Zephyr Fox: (to The Courier) i'm working very hard on my build at the moment would love to help but I don't see have much time for a few months
(whisper from) The Courier: it's not really a build project though. it's more like a committee
Zephyr Fox: (to The Courier) when do you meet If it's like Bach Zaa's sunday meet I can always park and get back to you from the chat log
(whisper from) The Courier: well, it's sorta like Bach Zhaa's meets. Our project is called Alpha Works.
Zephyr Fox: (to The Courier) is it a world or is it with in Alpha??
(whisper from) The Courier: It's here, yes. We seek to help bring bring AW to a new era through the creativity, ingenuity, and input of the community.
Zephyr Fox: (to The Courier) do you have a blog or web page for the planning?
(whisper from) The Courier: I can invite you to where the HQ is being built.
(whisper from) The Courier: if you have the time.
Zephyr Fox: (to The Courier) ok send me the invite
(whisper from) The Courier: switch to local chat also
The Courier: Welcome to Fantasia, Zephyr.

EOP

No comments:

Post a Comment